Posting was light in last two months.
The following post appeared on the sister blog (on Computing).
Tweets during July and August (other than blog post tweets):
- 30 August 2016
- FT story about catching corruption in Kenya by tracking Mpesa. It is as if they took a bribe by cheque. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1a734368-6911-11e6-ae5b-a7cc5dd5a28c.html
- 25 August 2016
- Nice description of “noise trading”: . “They bring him joy, and joy is rarer and more precious than alpha.” https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-08-24/trading-teens-and-bank-blockchains
- 24 August 2016:
- Posen in yesterday's FT on how Swiss politics allows more negative interest rates than Japanese/German politics. http://on.ft.com/2bbM9pS
- 10 August 2016
- Brexit makes UK more European. UK government bonds have joined Europe's negative interest rate club.
- 21 July 2016
- Banks dumping unshredded client data on the street in Singapore. http://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/mas-probes-case-of-uobs-unshredded-client-data
- 19 July 2016
- India appears to be an outlier in terms of its steep and steepening yield curve http://econbrowser.com/archives/2016/07/decomposing-changes-in-term-spreads-around-the-world
- 14 July 2016
- Germany/EU says Italy can't bail out its banks. If a big German bank needs bailout will Italy play tit-for-tat? (An Italian heads ECB!)
- 5 July 2016
- Excellent account of the super-Lehman bankruptcy of 150 years ago (Overend Gurney) http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publications/Documents/quarterlybulletin/2016/q2/q2pre.pdf (h/t FTAlphaville)